Tooth Discoloration: Causes and Prevention
Everybody wishes to own that white celebrity smile. I bet you are even wondering why your teeth aren’t as white as they used to be when you were growing up. It happened just as though your teeth had lost their luminosity. There are many causes of tooth discoloration and many times it stems from the type of food we take in over the years. There are also many solutions to this discoloration, one of which includes the veneers new hyde park. It is better you speak with your dentist to know what type of problem must have caused you and what necessary steps you can take. To know all about tooth discoloration and ways you can combat it, read our article till the end.
What Is Tooth Discoloration?
Tooth discoloration refers to a change in the color of a tooth or teeth. Several things, such as genetics, aging, lifestyle choices, particular medications, or medical problems, can contribute to this. A lot of people have transfixed a lot of their confidence into their toothy smile, and once they realize they no longer have that white smile, they begin to lose self confidence. With a veneer hyde park, you are guaranteed effective teeth whitening that could last for many years.
Causes Of Tooth Discoloration:
Tooth Discoloration has a large number of causes. It could be due to lifestyle, genetics, food or even medications. This is why it is appropriate to know what caused yours before seeing a lake success dentist.
- Food and drink: Dark-colored beverages like coffee, tea, and red wine can stain teeth over time. Acidic drinks like soda and citrus juice can erode the enamel and make teeth appear yellow.
- Tobacco use: Smoking or using smokeless tobacco can cause brown or yellow stains on teeth.
- Genetics: Some people may have naturally darker or yellowish teeth due to their genetics.
- Trauma: A blow to the mouth or other trauma can damage the tooth and cause it to discolor.
- Medications: Certain antibiotics, antihistamines, and antipsychotic drugs can cause tooth discoloration.
- Aging: As we age, the enamel on our teeth naturally wears down, which can make teeth appear darker or more yellow.
Treatment For Tooth Discoloration
- Teeth whitening: A cosmetic procedure that uses bleaching agents to remove stains from the teeth. Also it is not formally approved by the U.S FDA (Food and drug Administration). This makes it essential to speak with your dentist lake success ny before beginning such a procedure.
- Dental bonding: A tooth-colored resin material is applied to the surface of the tooth to improve its appearance.
- Veneers: Thin shells made of porcelain or composite material that are bonded to the front of the tooth to improve its appearance.
- Crowns: A cap that covers the entire tooth to improve its appearance and strength.
- Orthodontic treatment: Braces or clear aligners can improve the appearance of teeth that are discolored due to poor alignment.
Tooth discoloration can affect a person’s self-esteem and confidence. However, there are many treatment options available to improve the appearance of discolored teeth. One necessary step to take is invitees practicing good hygiene such as flossing twice daily. Another very healthy habit is to avoid taking too much coffee and quit smoking